how to identify the right
Reviewing telecommunications providers to find the right fit for your small or medium size business can be daunting at times. Below is a list of questions to consider when researching providers. It’s not a comprehensive list, but it can help you in your decision-making process.
Telecommunications Provider Questions:
- Does the provider’s coverage area include the physical location of your office(s)?
- Can they provide one invoice for all your offices/locations within the coverage area?
- Do they offer both landline and mobile phone solutions?
- Do they offer online account management tools?
- What’s the level of customer support offered by the provider?
- Can they provide 3rd party customer satisfaction rates?
- Will they provide references so you can speak with companies similar to yours?
- Are service and technical support available outside of regular business hours?
- Does the provider have local offices that offer technical support?
- What’s the escalation process if an issue needs further resolution?
- How much downtime has the provider experienced over the last year?
- What type and length of warranty is provided on the equipment?
When reviewing telecommunications providers, consider the answers to the above questions. Try to strike a balance between customer service, customer support, reliability, cost and the availability of the telecommunications services you need.